Thursday 13 March 2014

Catrice Sun Glow Matt Bronzing Powder for Darker Skin [First Impression | Review]


Dear readers,

About 2 weeks ago I decided that I wanted a new bronzer...

....and I got the Catrice Sun Glow Matt Bronzing Powder for Darker Skin [even though a couple of days later I was invited to a PR event by the same brand and I could have waited until then to check out the latest product launches....

.... but oh well, I'm a rebel like that ^^

I hadn't seen this bronzer on the Catrice stand before - and the fact that it is matt is what led me to get it.




I don't really like shimmery makeup [and by that I mean shimmery blushers, shimmery powders, shimmery bronzers etc.] so this being matte is a bonus.

I'm not sure how much this cost but I think it was about €5/6 or thereabouts. 

It comes in 2 shades: lighter bronze and this one in deep bronze.

Even though it is meant for darker skin, I don't really think that this is that dark of a bronzer [check out swatches below]




It is very silky and finely milled, but it is not the most pigmented bronzer that I have, i.e you do have to dip your brush in quite hard, or, you really do need to build up the colour, especially if you like a strong contour.

As I have said though, I do love how this is totally matte and is therefore suitable for both mornings and nights. It also gives a really natural finish [and it is not orange-y at all].




This has ok staying power - about 4-5 hours max so you do need to re-apply if you're spending the day out.




There's also the shimmery version of this bronzer which I will [try] to talk about in a much later post.

Until then!

Besos,


Lorraine
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments, and will try my utmost to reply to each and every one of you <3 So, go ahead and leave a comment =^.^=