Wednesday 26 March 2014

Essence Soft Touch Mousse Make Up Foundation [Review]


Dear readers,

This Soft Touch Mousse Make Up by Essence Cosmetics is one of the latest to join my foundation army. 

If I'm not mistaken this cost me around €5.




The shade that I got is #1 matte sand and I think that it comes in 4 or 5 different shades [or something along those lines anyway] which is not the largest variety available.

I got this after reading a couple of reviews on it - and all of them sang its praises. I also wanted to test out another mousse foundation since I have been loving the one by Rimmel [check out my review here]

It comes in a smallish glass jar with a screw on lid.




This foundation is very light and gives a smooth, matte finish - especially if you buff it in with a stippling brush.

 Although it is matte, I do find that I need to set this with powder because it does fade off rather quickly if not set.

And it does turn my skin oily even though I set it with powder [I'd say about 3/4 hours max after I've applied it and then I need to blot my nose to remove excess oil]




But I do have to say that this foundation is so, so soft - softer than the Rimmel one.

It has medium [to light] coverage and beware when trying to build this up because it can end up looking rather cake-y. 

And preferably apply some moisturiser before using this too because it does not settle well on dry patches.




Having said all that, at the moment I am alternating between this one and the Rimmel one, and both are to my liking.

I would re-purchase this.


blended

Love,

Lorraine
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Mymy.. Love your review xox
    www.ilovly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments, and will try my utmost to reply to each and every one of you <3 So, go ahead and leave a comment =^.^=