Sunday 9 June 2013

Essence Stays No Matter What Waterproof Eyeliner Pen [Review]

Dear readers,

Hope you're all having a nice day.

Yesterday I had one of my uni final exams, and thank god that that is over. My other final exam is on the 17th so I have about a week to revise for that one, and after that it's Summer for me, yey! Hopefully all of my hard work will pay off.

I feel really naked without any eyeliner on, but I was so busy with studying I not always felt like going through the process of gel or liquid liner. And so I started using the Essence Stays No Matter What Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in #01 Midnight Black.

I think this cost me around Euro 3/4. It is a marker/ pen type eyeliner and the name implies that it is both waterproof and durable (24h). You get 1ml of product which is a tiny amount even for an eyeliner.

The nib of the pen is quite slender, pointy and flexible, allowing you to create wings, thin or thicker lines, and even intricate designs.

I always have to go over a line twice because it is not the blackest of blacks, but I love it because it is so quick and easy to use.

And no, it is not waterproof as the product claims to be and I noticed this immediately when I tested my swatch under running water - so don't go swimming with this one on! [Check out my before and after pics].

Yesterday was also the first time that this has smudged on my eyelids - not cool. So now I am a bit wary of using it during Summer [especially since it is not waterproof as it claims].

As with out pen like eyeliners, it is better if you store them upside down unless you want it to dry out in a matter of days.

You can find better pens around, I don't really recommend this even though it is quite affordable.








After running it under the tap - and please note that I did not even try to rub it out!

Love,

Lorraine
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. noted!wont even give it a look later on. :D http://azwaa.blogspot.com
    #GIG

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! I got the pencil one... I thought "Hmm... could this possible be better than the longlasting one?"

    It wasn't. It disappears... So disappointed

    Marija from
    www.allthingslady.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bleqq, good thing I didn't get that one too than!

      Delete
  3. thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments, and will try my utmost to reply to each and every one of you <3 So, go ahead and leave a comment =^.^=