Sunday 20 January 2013

Essence Gel Eyeliner [Review]

Dear readers,

One thing that you should know about me is that I rarely leave my house without eyeliner on. For this reason, I am always on the lookout for potential new eyeliners that will not budge.

Since I have oily eyelids I find that even the toughest eyeliner sometimes smudges, especially if I use them on my waterline or on my lower lash line without some sort of base or eyeshadow or primer.

I have tried a couple of gel liners but I think from the ones I have tried I found that the Essence Gel Liner in 01 'Midnight in Paris' is the one I like best, considering the price it costs (not so sure but I think it was around 3 Euros).

The liner comes in a small glass container and you get 3grms of product. Unlike some other gel liners, this does not come with its own brush (but Essence do have a small angled eyeliner brush with very soft bristles). This eyeliner goes on really smooth and once dry, stays on for hours. It is highly pigmented too so there's no need to go over and over again till you achieve the perfect line and colour (I'm so sorry but I forgot to swatch it!)

I would recommend this for a) its price b) its longevity c) the colour payoff






Love,

Lorraine
xoxo

13 comments:

  1. I've tried it on my waterline and it didn't even BUDGE from 6am until 11pm! I love it to bits, definitely a repurchase for me.

    http://exoticwaytoburn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it doesn't! I was so surprised when I tried this for the first time! And it's such a steal!
      x

      Delete
    2. Hey Lor :) So use gel eyeliner ON the waterline? :/
      I didn't know you can use it on the waterline, and was always scared to try. Doesn't it make your eyes burn?

      Delete
    3. Hey Mar =) No it doesn't (and I wear contact lenses too)

      Delete
  2. These are probably the best gel eyeliners I have ever used! They are very good vakue for money, dont dry out in the pot and stay put all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree wholeheartedly! In fact I had a Maybelline one which I had to throw away as it dried out after just about 2 months and was unusable.

      Delete
  3. i love many essence things!!tho i havent tried this one

    Bea =)
    dailylivingingeneva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you really should cause it is good value for money and a really good product too!
      x

      Delete
  4. Yep, this is my favorite gel eyeliner too. And it lasts me a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm actually really looking forward to using this now! I've never really been a gel or liquid eyeliner person but it does sound quite interesting and I ay just give it a go! haha
    x
    Lucy

    luceindia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! And it is so cheap it would be sin not to try it lol :p
      <3

      Delete
  6. Hi Lorraine, i might try this one when my current one is done. Wayne on gossmakeupartist (youtube) said that if you pop the gelliner in the microwave for a few seconds and melt it a bit you can reuse is after it dries out, haven't tried it myself but maybe a useful tip for you ;-X

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments, and will try my utmost to reply to each and every one of you <3 So, go ahead and leave a comment =^.^=